If you're arriving by car and will require parking, please note that Granville Hall does not provide its own parking for vehicles or bicycles. There are several parkades, parking lots and metered parking spots around the residence that can be used. These parking options are not affiliated with Granville Hall and are open to the public based on various hourly, daily, monthly or annual parking fees.
Some nearby parking providers are below. You can view their hourly and daily rates on their websites:
- Metro Park (Indoors): http://metropark.ca/halifax/
- Waterfront Parking (outdoors): https://my-waterfront.ca/getting-here/parking/halifax/
You can obtain discounted exit passes for Metro Park from Granville Hall by adding passes to your reservation at any time, or during your online check-in prior to arrival. You can access your reservation (and the online check-in page) by entering your booking confirmation number at the following link: https://granvillehall.ca/my-bookings.
The parkade address is 1556 Hollis Street, with an entrance on Granville Street (closer to Granville Hall).
A Metro Park exit pass allows you to exit the parkade once, regardless of how long your car was left inside. If you plan to remove your car from the parkade multiple times during your stay, you will need to purchase multiple exit passes. To use the pass:
- Enter the parkade using either the Granville Street or Hollis Street entrance.
- At the entrance, press the gate's arm-lift button and take the parking chit from the machine.
- Park your car in any spot in the parkade that is not marked as reserved.
- When you go to exit the parkade with your car, don't use the chit that was provided to you upon entrance. Instead, use the exit pass/chit that is provided by Granville Hall.
Street parking at parking-meter zones is free on weekends and between 6pm and 8am on weekdays.
Downtown Halifax recently converted from individual street parking meters to zone-based pay stations located on each block. You can pay for your street parking at the pay stations, or download a phone app called HotSpotMobile to manage your parking and add time remotely using a credit card. Select "Zone B" in the app for parking near Granville Hall or the surrounding downtown area.
Bicycle parking is free at the nearby Metro Park. The bike racks are located near the parkade pay station on Granville Street's entrance.